Damaged or defective items on delivery
If you receive a product from us that is either damaged or defective on delivery or the incorrect item is received, please contact us within 48 (forty eight) hours so that we can arrange collection and replacement with a correct and/or undamaged item. It is essential that you inspect all products on receipt to check for any damage or defects.
If the outer packaging of your order is visibly damaged on delivery, this must be noted on the courier company’s delivery slip/waybill.
For any damaged or defective products outside of this 48 hour time-frame, the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s warranty will apply (if applicable).
Change of mind returns
Please contact us if you wish to return an item that you have changes your mind about. We will generally exchange or refund a product provided that:
- THE PRODUCT IS UNOPENED AND UNUSED
- it is within 14 (fourteen) days of the original purchase date
- there is valid proof of purchase, i.e. tax invoice
- it is in its original packaging or condition and:
- the security seal or shrink wrap is intact (if applicable)
- the product is unworn
- unused online store’s barcode ticket and/or other labels/instructions/manuals are attached
- includes all original accessories and/or parts
- The return of items to us is at your own cost and you can contact us to arrange collection at our freight account rates or you can use your own courier. If using a courier, please securely wrap and package the product in a box that is suitable for transport by courier.
- After receipt of the returned product we will inspect the product and determine if it is in its original condition and packaging.
- All refunds are processed strictly in accordance with the original sales tender type and only after confirmation that the funds were received in our bank account.
- Perishable items, items related to hygiene, pet products and items used in a personal manner, such as bedding, cannot be returned for health and safety reasons.
Products sold are individually covered by manufacturer warranties, please familiarize yourself with the length, terms and conditions of any warranty cover on the items that you purchase. Unless stated otherwise by the manufacturer, warranties only apply to goods supplied within the Republic of South Africa for personal use. In most cases warranty claims will be handled by the manufacturer’s approved agents.
It should be noted that in most cases warranty covers manufacturing faults or defects in the original product only. Damage or faults occurring from fair wear and tear, improper use, failure to follow instructions, failure to follow care and maintenance instructions, accidental damage, commercial use, alterations, severe weather events, animals, insects and acts of god are not covered by warranty.
Certain brands may offer a lifetime warranty of their product. The term Lifetime is determined by the average lifetime of the fabrics, material and components of the product. As with all items, over time they will wear from use at a natural rate and from exposure to the elements, the lifetime guarantee of products will depend on how well they are cared for and how they are used.
The first step to get a warranty return under way is to contact us with your details and a description of the problem, we may request some photos of the issue. From these details we will be able to advise on the next course of action. When an item is returned it will be inspected by CAMPCRAFT or the manufacturer to confirm its eligibility for a warranty claim. Once deemed as a warranty issue it will be handled in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty policies. If the returned item is not found to be faulty upon inspection, the shipping fees to return the item to the customer is at the customer’s expense.
If a product is found to be faulty after our 48 hour damaged delivery window (see above), CAMPCRAFT will offer the use of our great freight account rates and any shipping required will be charged to the customer. Alternatively the customer can make their own shipping arrangements to return the item at their expense. Please ensure that the product is packed securely to avoid any loss or further damage during shipping.
Returns procedure (in all cases)
In all instances CAMPCRAFT must be contacted prior to a return being sent so that a Return Authorisation (RA) can be provided. This ensures that all returns are dealt with as quickly as possible. Failure to adhere to these instructions may result in delays processing your return or additional costs.
Step 1: Contact CAMPCRAFT for RA and detailed return instructions
Step 2: Address and repackage the item/s securely to avoid any damage in shipping
Step 3: Item/s put into transport and tracking details sent to CAMPCRAFT
Step 4: Item/s received into the CAMPCRAFT warehouse and item/s condition checked
Step 5: Upon item/s condition being checked; feedback will be provided to the customer on the next course of action in accordance with the reason for return.
Special Order Items
Whilst CAMPCRAFT is happy to specially order item/s in for you, these orders are unable to be refunded, credited or exchanged for change of mind, so please order carefully.
Page last updated: July 2020